Water Softeners and Filter Systems
Many residential locations across Dublin suffer from some degree of hard water. This troublesome issue results in accumulated residue and grit on the surface of bathtubs and sinks, as well as causing damage to plumbing and appliances in the home.
Hard water doesn’t only pose a problem for your washing machine and means you have to scrub your bathroom more frequently. It can also be bad for your health. Sometimes, more mineral-dense hard water can contain toxic substances, so using the best water softener is crucial to keep you and your home healthy.
• A water softener can improve the efficiency of hot water and heating systems – 1.6mm of scale build-up can cause a 12% loss in heating efficiency.
• Over time, the existing scale on appliances and pipework will break down, and deposits around taps and stains in baths and sinks will shift.
• Home appliances such as kettles, washing machines and dishwashers will last longer and perform better.
• You can reduce the number of household items and toiletries you use, such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergents and cleaning products.
• Soft water is better for certain dry skin conditions such as eczema.
• Softened water feels silkier and makes hair softer and easier to manage.